You don’t have a billing address in Austria? That’s no problem. We can act as authorised representatives for our foreign customers.

Services for producers from abroad

The WEEE Ordinance also applies to distance sellers who sell directly to Austrian consumers but who do not have a registered office in Austria.

Online retailers without a billing address in Austria must appoint an authorised representative with a registered office in Austria to take part in the collection and recovery system in their name. This ensures proper collection, recycling and disposal of WEEE (waste electric and electronic equipment) delivered to Austria.

The services portfolio that UFH offers as an authorised representative includes:

  • Reporting to the authorities
  • Collection points throughout Austria
  • Recycling and environmentally compatible disposal

Conversely, Austrian producers who export EEE from Austria to other EU member states must also appoint an authorised representative, who will be responsible for fulfilling the obligations in the relevant member state. In this case, the reporting obligations to the Austrian EDM portal do not apply.

Foreign producers who do not supply final consumers but Austrian retailers are also entitled (but not obliged) to assume the obligations of the importers in Austria.

Foreign producers can choose between an authorised representative and an agent model agreement:

The Authorised-representative contract is concluded with UFH only once and generally applies to all current and potential retailers active in Austria.


Fact Sheet Authorized Representative (115 KB)

The Agent model agreement means that a separate agreement is concluded with each distribution partner in Austria. This is the easier solution if there are only a few partners.

Whatever the model of cooperation, we take charge of all obligations concerning the collection and disposal of WEEE in Austria.

Did you know ...